Last week, this blog, Copy Doodle, hit some record marks for us on Technorati.
Copy Doodle ranked #17 out of Technorati’s 100 Best Small Business Blogs:
Copy Doodle was mentioned #3 in the Top 10 Authority Movers:
AND our blog post Battle of the WordPress Themes was ranked #5 in the Hottest Posts on Blogging:
Although we hit these record highs all in one week, we didn’t reach these highs overnight. We’ve worked hard to build our business blog to the lead-generation tool it is today.
Here are a few tips for you to get your blog listed on Technorati:
1) Check it: Technorati can be very picky about which blogs it wants to add to its directory. If your blog is brand-new and lacks a few months’ worth of posts, or you post once every other week or inconsistently or don’t provide valuable content on your blog, you may be at risk for Technorati rejection. It happens, so don’t get discouraged. If you are rejected, try submitting your blog again in a month or two.
2) List your blog with Technorati: Create an account for your blog on Technorati. When you create an account, be sure to describe your blog purpose clearly, add optimized keywords related to your blog, and categorize your blog appropriately. Only use keywords, terms, and phrases related to your post content.
3) Provide valuable content and optimize posts: Be sure to post at least twice a week (be consistent), offer links and valuable content in each post, and make sure that post web copy is optimized for search purposes. Also, don’t forget to use proper tags and create meta data descriptions, titles, and keywords for each post.
4) Promote your blog on social media: Every time you publish a blog post, promote it on all of your social media profiles, and provide a link to the post. And, whenever you have a guest blogger, write on their Facebook wall, or include their Twitter name in a tweet, thanking them for contributing to your blog—and don’t forget to include a link to the post when you thank them.
5) Engage with other bloggers: Whether you comment on another blog, follow bloggers on Twitter and Facebook, or ask bloggers to write a guest post, interacting with bloggers on a regular basis is a great way to get exposure from other bloggers’ readership bases and establish a name for yourself in the blogosphere.
Share the blogging love with your friends on Twitter.