Time. There never seems to be enough of it. There are a million things to do in a day. For some of you, freeing up just 15 minutes might constitute a miracle. With a little bit of organization, you’ll find that stealing back time doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice or miss out.
Here’s how to save 10 to 15 minutes a day searching for your favorite bloggers:
1. Take advantage of Twitter: Start following your favorite bloggers on Twitter. Many times, Twitter users will feed their posts into their Twitter account. Once you’re following your favorite bloggers on Twitter, take advantage of the Twitter List application.
This application allows you to organize the people you’re following into specific categories. When you want to get a fast update on your favorite bloggers, click your designated list and violà! An instant, live feed of your favorites. And what’s even better, you can retweet whatever posts you choose, instantly.
You can also follow other Twitter user lists. If you find a Twitter List that pertains to your industry, follow along for fast and easy updates.
2. Subscribe to RSS feed on your favorite blogs: Sign up for Google Reader or any other RSS feed reader, and receive instant updates on the blogs you follow. No more typing in URLs or searching Google for a blogger. All of the blogs you follow are in one clean and clear location—just click the posts you’re interested in and disregard the others.
3. Subscribe to a blog via email: If you would prefer to receive post updates via email, many bloggers feature this option. When you sign up for email updates, you can quickly sift through the blog posts you want to read in your email account and delete the others. They’re all right there in your inbox.
4. Subscribe to a blog on Networked Blogs: Networked Blogs is a blog directory that enables you to search specific keywords related to your topics of interest. When you subscribe to blogs on Networked Blogs, you receive real-time feed of your favorite bloggers.
Also, Facebook has a Networked Blogs application that enables you to follow blogs and receive live feed right from your Facebook account. If you choose to take advantage of this application, you can comment on posts instantly or share them with your Facebook friends, all without having to leave Facebook.
How do you follow your favorite bloggers? Let us know in our comments section.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- Social Media Marketing on Autopilot: The Dos and Don’ts
- 5 Bloggers Businesses Can Learn From
- How to Use Facebook as an Extension of Your Blog
- How to Get Technorati to Notice Your Business Blog
- Customer Retention Strategy: 4 Ways to Give Them What They Want