Facebook Joins the Geolocation Social Media Network
Last week, Facebook announced its newest and most anticipated feature, Places, which allows users to share information on where they are, tag others in that location, and find out who is near them. Users can also use this feature to see what types of events are going on around them.
Below, WebProNews takes a look into Facebook’s newest geolocation feature and how it may affect other geolocation applications such as Foursquare and Gowalla.
More WebProNews Videos
To learn more about other geolocation applications, visit one of our recent blog posts on How to Use Social Media Geographic Targeting to Attract Clients.
Love this? Spread the love & share!
- How to Use Social Media Geographic Targeting to Attract Clients
- Is Facebook the New Walmart of Social Media?
- The Rise of New Social Media Technologies
- Social Media Success as a Brick-and-Mortar Business
Michelle is the fearless leader of Sūmèr. A lover of the written word and content marketing strategy, Michelle is reinventing how businesses communicate with their customers.
- How to Maximize Your Value Using Testimonials
- How to Write a LinkedIn Profile Using the Science of Attraction
- Make Your LinkedIn Strategies Count
- Anatomy of Highly Shareable Marketing Content
- Love Thy Followers: How to Build a Loyal Social Media Tribe
- Living Out Loud: An Interview with Janet Wallace