No one knows exactly what will be in store for the future of blogging, but we can infer using analysis of shaping trends and blogging statistics. Below are some of the results that Technorati acquired from their State of the Blogosphere 2010 survey, which help us to determine the direction of blogging for the future:
1. 2010 saw a noteworthy increase in mobile blogging with 25% of all bloggers partaking in some form of mobile blogging. And 40% of these mobile bloggers “say that it has changed the way they blog, encouraging shorter and more spontaneous posts.” Analysts foresee this form of blogging increasing in the future with more and more smart phone technology arising.
2. Women and mom bloggers have developed an increasing influence on brands, media, and the blogosphere as a whole. Analysts found that these female bloggers most likely have the greatest impact on brands since they are the ones more likely to blog about a particular brand or product.
3. 43% of study respondents planned on increasing the number of topics they discuss on their blogs.
4. 48% of bloggers foresee people receiving news and entertainment from blogs, as opposed to traditional media, over the next five years.
5. 40% of consumers who were surveyed for this study said they agreed with bloggers’ views and opinions, “and their trust in mainstream media is dropping.”
For more blogging statistics from the State of the Blogosphere 2010 study, click here. Or, share this post with your friends on Facebook.