Whether you’ve just started a newsletter or have had one for a while now, consistently working to increase readership is a must. Since a newsletter can’t be found through search engines (unless you’re posting it on a website), you must actively promote it, or else no one will ever find it.
The key to increasing your readership is using exterior outlets to promote your newsletter such as your blog, social media profiles, in-person networking events, and other online platforms.
Here are 5 places you can promote your newsletter and generate interest in subscribers:
1. Blog Post Call to Action and Blog Sidebar: Every so often, put a call to action at the bottom of your blog posts that directs people to sign up for your newsletter. See an example on one of our blog posts below:
Your blog sidebar is another prime area to place a newsletter subscription box or link with a call to action. If you would prefer to place a subscription form on your sidebar—which I suggest, because all your subscriber has to do is type in his or her email address and click submit—your programmer can generate one for you and add it to your sidebar. See an example of what this looks like below:
2. Email Signature: As a business owner, how many emails do you think you send out per day? Probably quite a few. This is why you should take this opportunity to add a link in your email signature that encourages people to sign up.
3. Blog Contest: Whenever we host a contest on our blog, we always encourage contest participants to gain extra entry points by subscribing to our newsletter. We’ve had a high success rate with this option, and so can you.
**Below is an excerpt from one of our past blog contests:
4. Networking events: In-person networking events enable you to leave a visual, lasting impression on the people you meet. If the individuals you meet enjoyed speaking with you and soaking in your expertise, the probability that they would want to subscribe to your newsletter is high. Therefore, put your newsletter signup URL on your business card with a call to action, and hand it out whenever you attend a networking event.
5. Social Media: Gain exposure for your newsletter by placing a link to the sign-up page on all of your social media profiles.
Did you find this post helpful? Sign up for our newsletter to receive instant online marketing updates.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- Effective Ways to Market a Webinar or an Event You’re Hosting
- An Effective Landing Page Begins with Result-Driven Web Copy
- 7 Steps to Get Your Blog Ready to Market
- How One Real Estate Company Successfully Uses On- And Off-Line Marketing
- Understanding the New Ways to Market Online