You might think that social media tracking is impossible or too time consuming—that the only way to track your efforts is by observing reactions and comments others post on your social media platforms. If this were the case, every business participating on social media would be running around like a chicken without a head.
If the above cliché applies to you, then you’ll want to check out the tracking tools below and find out which tools fit your needs. You’ll find that with a few tracking tools, you’ll get your head back in no time.
There are a variety of highly specific tracking tools that are free or low-cost. Some only track blog influence, others track public relations and company reputation, while others track efforts on social media. All of these areas of tracking are essential in mapping your online success.
Below are some of the top online tracking tools . . .
1. Collecta: This real-time search tracking tool pulls up live feed of any keyword or phrase you choose. For example, if you want to search the social media realm for your business name or a competitor’s, you could do so in the Collecta search engine box. Some items that could pull up include articles, blog posts, and comments on blog posts, Twitter, Jaiku, Identica, Flickr, TwitPic, yFrog, YouTube and Ustream. https://www.collecta.com
2. Brandwatch: With so much information on the Internet, it’s easy for searching and tracking to take up your entire day. You have to sift through relevant conversations, search for mentions of your company, and monitor mentions of your competition. But with Brandwatch, you can increase business productivity and decrease the time you spend looking up important information. Brandwatch works to track conversations in the blogosphere and other online media platforms and provides simple and easy-to-read charts to illustrate online success and exposure. https://www.brandwatch.com/
3. KnowEm: Created to support all types of businesses in finding out where their names are mentioned on social media networks, KnowEm works to eliminate brand and content theft. KnowEm not only assists you in securing your brand across social media platforms, it also shows you how to confront these sites to have your brand released and returned. https://www.knowem.com
4. Who’s Talking: This search tool helps users search for topics of interest to them—searching over 60 social media platforms for results. This tool gets you where you want to be quickly and easily and helps you join the conversation. https://www.whostalkin.com
5. Socialmention: Describing themselves as the Google Alerts for Social Media, Socialmention sends daily email alerts to you regarding the mention of your brand on social media sites. You can also use it to track your competition, topics of discussion, news, etc. https://www.socialmention.com/
6. Trackur: Used to keep track of your online reputation and to track social media efforts, Trackur is designed to track what is being said about your company all across the Internet—from news pages to blogs, video to images, and forums to social media platforms. https://www.trackur.com/about.php
7. Filtrbox: Searching real-time conversation across new media platforms, Filtrbox informs you of all conversations you want to know about online. You’ll know when and where a potential customer comments on your blog or Facebook and be able to instantly respond. Filtrbox also shows you how to use Twitter more effectively. https://www.filtrbox.com
8. Viralheat: Providing its users with detailed and easy-to-read charts, analytics, and insights, Viralheat shows you exactly where your business is being mentioned and how to engage with others in the conversation. https://www.viralheat.com
9. Netbase: Great for corporations, publishers, the media, and government platforms, Netbase provides consumer insights, research and development, and other forms of content intelligence online. https://www.netbase.com/consumer-insights-corporations
What other successful tracking tools can you think of? We’d love to hear about them in our comments section.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- Are Your Social Media Efforts All for Nothing?
- Understanding the New Ways to Market Online
- How To Get Your Online Marketing Efforts To Pay-Off
- The Time Is Now To Get Your Business on the Right Track
- How to Combine Online and Traditional Marketing for Maximum Success