Your company is a living entity that needs continuous nurturing in order to grow and thrive. Ignoring your business development strategy can have devastating effects on the direction of your company, as well as your success and progress rate. If you want to start growing your business to its full potential, it’s time to start today.
Below are 5 tasks I challenge you to do TODAY to grow your business:
1. Review all of your marketing materials: Take inventory of all the marketing materials you use to market your business, and rate each material from 1 – 10 based on the results you’ve seen from each. Stop wasting your time using the marketing materials that bring you little to no results. Either eliminate them from your marketing strategy or tweak them accordingly. The smartest way to spend your designated marketing time is on the materials that have shown the best results.
2. Create a marketing plan: Start brainstorming new ways to market your brand online. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create a biweekly newsletter that offers valuable tips and advice related to your industry.
- Develop a weekly email campaign that provides subscribers with discounts and / or product updates.
- Build a business blog that shares your expertise and works as a community for your readers to chat and share interests.
- Ramp up your social media efforts, and become even more active on your profiles—encouraging interaction and adding your valuable advice to the conversation.
3. Refresh your website copy: Review all of your website copy, and answer the following questions:
- Does my web copy speak to my target audience?
- Does my web copy project an accurate brand message?
- Does my web copy encourage prospects to take action?
If you answered “no” to any of the questions above, then it’s time to reevaluate your brand message and craft web copy for each of your web pages that works to share your brand message, connect with the visitor, and encourage them to take action. If you’re not a wordsmith, don’t waste your time trying to create web copy that expresses your unique brand message. You’ll probably end up wasting precious time and energy and turn prospects away with poorly written copy. Hire a professional web copywriter to get the job done right the first time and convert prospects into paying customers.
4. Delegate: Although we might try to, we can’t do it all. As I mentioned in the previous section about web copy, trying to complete tasks that you have no experience with or lack skill in will drain your time and energy. The time it takes you to complete an attempted task is time that could have been spent making sales. Delegating tasks to a professional is one of the best investments you can make for your business. Just be sure that you are choosing the right professional to get the job done correctly the first time.
5. Seek out a joint venture: One of the best ways to get in front of untouched markets is to seek out a joint venture. When you work with someone as a joint venture to host a webinar, share ad space, or swap blog posts, you’re getting exposure to his or her entire list, which can help you to build your own list and increase sales. It takes a bit of creativity to find an effective joint venture, but the rewards can be endless, when done correctly!
Did you love this post? If so, Like us on Facebook!