Don’t believe effective web copy and website design can transform your business? Just ask Melissa McKinley, owner and president of Want To Go Travel, LLC, a travel agency that specializes in luxury travel for individuals and small groups. Several months ago, Melissa decided to revamp her brand image with optimized web copy and a new website design. Today, she’s seeing the results.
Sumèr interviewed her to understand what inspired her to revamp her website design and hire Sumèr to write her web copy, and what results she has seen since doing so. See below for the interview:
1. What inspired you to revamp your website design and web copy? Copy is king! And before I hired Sumèr, my copy was not as effective as I wanted or needed it to be. During a mastermind meeting, I met Michelle Salater (owner and president of Sumèr, LLC) and her message made complete sense to me. I had recently stepped up my business another notch—clear on the message I wanted to communicate and the market I wanted to speak to. When it comes to writing, I am not the most eloquent communicator. I know what I want to say, but pen to paper, my mind goes blank. After meeting Michelle, I knew she could help me. It was an investment well worth making.
2. What results have you seen since having your web copy and web design done? What results do you hope to see in the future? I have seen an increase in the quality of traffic on my website and blog (both had the web copy updated). I have received feedback that, although the structure only changed slightly, my website is easier to navigate and find information instantly. Proof you don’t need huge changes to have a huge impact! It is still early, but I know the results I will see in the future will be increased sales from my ideal client.
3. What would you suggest to other business owners who are contemplating web copy or web design for their business? This is a MUST for your business, in my opinion. I would say, if you are just starting off, work with Michelle and her wonderful team at Sumèr before, or when, you begin designing your brand and website. If your copy is not clear and your message is not speaking to your ideal market, then your business will reflect that confusion, yielding poor sales and attracting the wrong clients. So if you want to be more successful than you are now, hire a great web copywriter such as Michelle and the Sumèr team to take you to new levels of success.
4. What would you say to others about the experience you had with Sumer writing your web copy?
Since meeting Michelle and her team, I have been more than pleased with the web copy and results yielded from their work. Michelle really listens and “gets” in your head—creating the best copy for your website, blog, or stand-alone marketing piece. She is very easy to work with and delivers on time. Since hiring Michelle and the Sumèr, LLC, team, I have seen an increase in business and I will definitely keep working with her for ALL my copy needs.
About Melissa and Want To Go Travel:
Melissa McKinley is the owner and president of Want To Go Travel, LLC, a travel agency that specializes in luxury travel for individuals and small groups, travel that is rich in local culture, always unique, and never cookie cutter. She started in the travel industry in 1992 and has traveled extensively for both business and leisure, trying to find the best the world has to offer in luxury vacations. She is affiliated with Travel Experts—a Virtuoso Member, bringing connections and certifications from across the industry. She lives in Frisco, Texas, just north of Dallas. When she is not traveling, she spends time scrapbooking the memories from her trips and working to improve her photography skills.
Share this wonderful success with your friends on Facebook.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- What a Rebranding Overhaul Can Do for Your Business (HINT: Work Wonders)
- How to Know When It’s Time to Redesign Your Marketing Materials
- Take Website Visitors through an Experience, Not a Torture Chamber
- How One Travel Company Enhanced Its Brand Image Online
- An Effective Landing Page Begins with Result-Driven Web Copy