Message from Michelle
Exciting things are happening around the office. Last night was our client, Daniel Island Mortgage’s big event—owner Gary Harwyn unveiled his new Green Mortgage service and partnership with myEnergyLoan. (As you can tell from the photo, we had a huge turn out for the event, which was hosted by Charleston Greendrinks). We are so excited to be helping promote their company and their new ecofriendly mortgage products, and writing the web copy for their new site.
And in other client news, Nest Realty launched their website on January 30—make sure to check out this new breed of broker.
I’m also excited to announce I’ve begun the process of rebranding my company. As we continue to grow and shift our services to better accommodate the market, I’ve decided it’s time for a new company name, tagline, and logo, and to clearly define my brand personality. Really amazing things are in store, so stayed tuned for new information, free gifts, new services, and more teleseminars.
Follow us on Facebook! Join our new group, The Path to Online Success, created for businesses eager to grow their company online. If you are struggling with growing your online presence, getting traffic to your website, and converting site visitors into paying customers, then this group is perfect for you.
Using Social Media Marketing: Attracting Internet Users to You
According to eMarketer, 30% of Internet users in 2007 visited social media sites at least once a month. This number increased 11% in 2008 and is expected to rise another 11% by 2013, with nearly 52% of Internet users visiting social media sites.
Yes, you read that correctly: in less than 4 years, 52% of Internet users will be using social media sites.
With this rapid increase in users, the time is now to begin promoting your company via these social media sites. Not only will doing so benefit your company in the future but taking advantage of these sites now will also greatly increase your online presence and grow your client base.
If you’re looking to grow your company, increase site traffic, and reach thousands of potential clients, set aside a few hours a week to promote your company’s social media sites, such as Facebook, Digg, Stumbleupon, Twitter, and YouTube.
With so many to choose from, it’s important to find a site that works with your business’s goals. Start with one, and see how it goes. The key is to formulate a marketing strategy and to stick with it—regularly post information, company updates, and photos. Steady participation is the only way to grow a strong social media client base.
If you’re looking to get your company noticed on social media sites . . .
- Create a company page on Facebook, and invite people to become fans. This is an excellent promotional tool for your company since you can post links to your website, post blogs, write notes, plan events, and post photos and videos. There’s an area to post your company’s mission, basic information, location, and contact information.
- Create a group page on Facebook, and invite friends to join. Here, you can post events, causes your company is a part of, photos, videos, company information, and much more.
- Buy ad space on Facebook.
- Post articles and blogs on Digg and Stumbleupon. These sites are an excellent way to get your company exposure. You’re able to post articles, which illustrate you’re an expert in your industry. Imbedding links in the articles also increases site traffic.
- Post video on YouTube and email the link to friends and acquaintances. Again, this illustrates you are an expert in your industry and will potentially increase traffic to your website.
- Chat on Twitter. Twitter allows you to post activities you are currently doing and comment on ones your friends are doing.
Social media sites are free to join and it’s free to post information. Look into social media sites today, and watch your company grow tomorrow.
Tip of the Month
According to eMarketer, in 2008, 41% of internet users visited social media sites, and that number continues to rise.