Archive for the ‘grow successful business’ Category
Wednesday, May 27th, 2009
Visit Part I of this blog post.
If you’ve already read Google’s Blog Ranking Criteria Revealed: Part I . . . I’m sorry to say, that Google uses even more criteria to rank the quality of your blog. It’s a tough life for blogs when it comes to Google Blogsearch, but with the right attitude, effective strategies, powerful networking techniques, and stellar writing, your blog will reach celebrity status on Google Blogsearch in no time.
So, what more could Google possibly be looking for to prove your blog’s popularity?
• The number of clicks on your blog link when it appears in search engines: If your blog link is continuously clicked on, it illustrates to Google that your blog is receiving a high concentration of readers. If your blog is clicked on more times in search engine results than other blogs, Google sees this as an excellent indicator of blog popularity.
• Inbound links on other blogrolls: The more reputable blogrolls your blog is linked to, the higher Google will rate your blog. Google takes blogrolls seriously because they contain constant outbound links to other blogs. This shows Google you probably have a high respect for and enjoy reading the blogs on your blogroll. Approach your favorite, reputable bloggers and request for them to put your blog on their blogroll. If they agree, you’ll have a strategically placed inbound link to your blog. This also expresses to Google that your blog isn’t SPAM. The more of these reputable inbound links you have, the higher Google will rank your blog.
• Appropriate tags for each blog entry: Tags are your blog’s keywords and are an extremely important factor when determining what your blog is about. Make sure your tags describe the blog post accurately. This will help viewers and Google determine what your blog post is about. Inaccurate tagging and over-tagging is frowned upon by both visitors and Google because it is a false representation of your blog content. It’s important to effectively use tags if you want to become a reputable blogger and increase targeted traffic while ranking high in Google Blogsearch.
Tags: blog keywords, blog popularity, blog ranking, blog tags, blogrolls, Google Blogsearch
Posted in Business Success Tips, Copywriting, SŪMÈR BLOG, blogging for business, grow successful business, increase site traffic, market in economic crisis, website copywriter | No Comments »
Sunday, May 17th, 2009
YouTube can easily be considered King of the online-video scene. No force has dethroned YouTube from its number one online-video platform—but it looks as though there may be a challenger. Hulu.
According to comScore, in March 2009, Google sites ranked as the top U.S.-video platform with 5.9 billion videos viewed. YouTube accounted for 99% of views on this video platform.
Rising quickly and steadily, Hulu has reached the number three spot on top online-video properties among U.S. internet users and is beginning to take a step into the international realm of online-video.
According to WebProNews, the UK is already beginning to provide full television episodes to viewers, and Bollywood is in negotiations with Hulu, as well.
According to eMarketer.com, comScore reported that Hulu’s total video streams grew 14.3% in March, and the number of unique viewers was up 19.7% in the same period. Although Hulu hasn’t yet reached YouTube’s video-guru status, it’s definitely on the rise and is something YouTube needs to consider as a major competitor. With video spending expected to rise past the $1 billion line by 2011, according to eMarketer.com, competition between the two video platforms could get fierce.
According to eMarketer.com, MAGNA Global stated that approximately $530 million was spent on online videos last year and this number is expected to rise 32%.
Since there is a significant growth in professional video production, many advertisers are taking the online-video route for their marketing campaigns’, and it’s only a matter of time before online-video properties are advertisers’ main vehicle for advertising.
Tags: comScore, emarketer.com, Hulu, number one online-video platform, online advertising, online video platform, video spending, youtube
Posted in SEO copywriter, copywriter charleston, grow successful business, increase online sales, increase site traffic, marketing trends, online advertising, video marketing, web content writer South Carolina | No Comments »
Friday, May 15th, 2009
If you’re looking to interact with prospects in a unique and effective way, BlogTalkRadio is an excellent platform to look into. Not only is it free, but it’s also a fantastic way to increase online presence, gain brand recognition and credibility, and increase inbound links. With BlogTalkRadio, internet users can listen to a variety of channels, choose the category they’re interested in, and participate in a deeper, interactive experience.
Attracting your specific target market with BlogTalkRadio is simple. Choose from a wide variety of categories that best fit the description of your blog: dream, golf, culture, comedy, film, marketing, pets, spirituality, travel, and so much more. BlogTalkRadio is an excellent tool to use if you want to weed out those who are not in your target market—only the ones who are interested will click on your category.
So, what are the features and benefits of BlogTalkRadio for listeners?
• RSS feed, iTunes, and other feed readers, allow listeners to subscribe to shows and join in weekly for the next dish of news.
• No software download is required for using BlogTalkRadio—just a feed reader.
• No money is required to subscribe or listen to talk shows—they’re free!
• Listeners with questions have the opportunity to interact with the host and better understand the talk show content.
What are the features and benefits of BlogTalkRadio for businesses?
• BlogTalkRadio is a revolutionary, online social networking tool that enables businesses that blog the opportunity to directly connect with their target audience. All a host needs is a phone and a computer.
• BlogTalkRadio offers hosts the opportunity to create live, call-in talk shows, which anyone can listen to. Once the show goes live, it will automatically be saved and can be used as a podcast in the future.
• BlogTalkRadio allows businesses to measure how many people are listening and downloading their talk shows.
• BlogTalkRadio provides hosts the opportunity to customize their personal profile by including a blog link, a link to their website, a video, or any other widget.
• BlogTalkRadio requires no software to be downloaded. All viewers and hosts need is a computer and phone.
• BlogTalkRadio offers hosts the opportunity for hosts and listeners to interact during and after the show. Listeners’ questions can be answered, and businesses can build credibility and online exposure.
Tags: blogging for business, BlogTalkRadio, gain brand recognition, increase inbound links, increase online presence, online talk shows
Posted in Audio Marketing, Business Communication, RSS Feed, attract clients, blogging for business, copywriter charleston, grow successful business, increase site traffic, marketing trends, target market, web content writer South Carolina | No Comments »
Market Your Business Through Authentic Practices
Monday, April 20th, 2009
Building a successful business online requires effectively reaching potential clients through strategic and authentic marketing practices. And companies that utilize transparent practices are more successful than companies that shy away from expressing their brand personality and business practices.
Transparent practices are crucial if you want to build trust between potential clients and your brand. If you hide your brand personality, if your message is inflated or muddled in industry jargon, or if the message is too focused on the company, it will be difficult to reach a large range of potential clients and strategic partners.
The key is to get real. Take some time and evaluate your business mission and what your company stands for. Take a look at where you aren’t being as authentic as you could be, then rework your message to reflect the personality and the message you want to communicate.
Here are three result-driven ways to authentically market your business:
• Share your brand story and your company’s personality on your website. Don’t make your potential customers feel out of the loop or intimidated when they visit your website. A website that lacks a clear, authentic message and unique company personality will weaken the connection between the visitor and your brand image. A site with a transparent About Us page is a powerful tool that facilitates a strong connection. Not only do potential clients like to see whom they’re doing business with, they also like to see an authentic brand story and the personality of the company.
• Become transparent on social media sites. Social media sites are the perfect places to reach a high concentration of potential customers and strategic partners and to integrate your company into the online community. They are an informal way to market your business and places where you can truly let your personality and brand image shine through in a fun and interactive way.
Offering behind-the-scenes information, sneak peeks, photos, videos, and recent news about your business on these social media sites provides potential customers with a clear understanding of your brand image and your practices. It also gives prospects a sense of the personalities behind the business.
• Share yourself and your company at networking events. A networking event is the perfect place to meet referral partners, strategic partners, and potential clients. Your goal at a networking event is to be remembered—in a positive way—by a handful of people with whom you speak. Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through when discussing business. This transparency is the key to showing others that your business practices and brand image are authentic. Allow potential customers and strategic partners to build a strong connection between you as a person and your brand name. When you are remembered, your business will be remembered.
Tags: authentic marketing practices, brand personality, networking practices, online business personality, social media practices, successful online business, transparent marketing practices
Posted in Business Communication, Business Success Tips, Gain Brand Loyalty, Marketing Strategy, copywriter charleston, grow successful business, online marketing, social networking, web content writer South Carolina, web copy writer charleston south carolina | No Comments »
The Path to Online Business Success
Friday, February 20th, 2009
Are you ready to nurture your company into a successful online business? If so, check out our Facebook group,
The Path to Online Business Success.
This group is for businesses eager to grow their company online. If you are struggling with growing your online presence, getting traffic to your website, and converting site visitors into paying customers, then this group is perfect for you. Here’s what you get when you join The Path to Online Business Success:
• Invitations to free teleseminars where you can hear expert advice—from SEO to website design.
• Industry news, case studies, and updates.
• The Weekly Seed – a tip or stat once a week to help you grow your business online.
• Instant access to a network of companies and the opportunity for discussion.
**If you have an event or a teleseminar you would like to promote on The Path to Online Business Success, feel free to contact the administrator. So what are you waiting for? Isn’t it time you grew your company online?
Tags: Facebook Business Group, Grow Business with Facebook, Online Business Success, social media marketing
Posted in Business Success Tips, attract clients, grow successful business, increase online sales, marketing in bad economy, marketing trends, social networking, social networking for small business | No Comments »
Branding Your Company Online: What Message Are You Sending Online Viewers?
Monday, February 16th, 2009
Are you concerned about how customers perceive your brand image online? Perhaps your website currently isn’t a strong branding tool for you. If not, it should be.
Many businesses find that their message isn’t clear, effective, and targeted to their correct market. It can be extremely difficult for businesses to project an accurate message, encompassing a combination of their company’s products, beliefs, mission, and goals. The message is a mixture of several key elements, including effectively placing keywords to increase SEO, which makes the task of projecting company image quite precise and complicated.
Crafting your brand image online is an extremely important client attraction tool. With a result-driven business message, your targeted website visitors will understand the language and tone of the web copy, and the client will feel a stronger connection to your brand. Once this bond is established, the customers will be more inclined to take action and purchase from you.
The customer wants to feel compatible with all your company stands for. For example, if your brand image is high-end, a high-end client will be attracted and comfortable with this image and, in turn, will want to buy from you.
Since fashioning a company message online is both complex and important, it would be highly beneficial for your company to hire a professional copywriter.
A professional copywriter:
· Interviews the company to pull out key elements vital to the business message.
· Recognizes the company image and puts this image into the written word—the message.
· Creates well-crafted copy that speaks the language of the target market.
· Strategically places keywords to increase SEO.
· Facilitates a connection between the brand image and the client through the use of a creative tone in the copy.
If you’re uncomfortable with the message you’re sending potential customers online, it’s time to change this message and solidify a strong brand image.
Tags: brand loyatly in bad economy, branding your company online, clear brand message, company branding, SEO, website branding
Posted in Business Success Tips, SEO, SEO copywriter, client attraction, copywriter charleston, grow successful business, increase online sales, increase site traffic, market in economic crisis, marketing in bad economy, online marketing, target market, update webcopy, web copy writer charleston south carolina | No Comments »
Going Green: Daniel Island Mortgage Debuts Partnership With myEnergyLoan
Friday, February 13th, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, Gary Harwyn, owner of Daniel Island Mortgage, unveiled his new green mortgage services and association with myEnergyLoan. (photo below: Gary Harwyn and Jeff Cole, founder of myEnergyLoan)
We are so excited to be helping promote Daniel Island Mortgage and its new ecofriendly mortgage products, and writing the web copy for their new site.
The event, hosted by Green Drinks Charleston, was held in downtown Charleston at Yo Burrito. As you can tell from the photo, we had a huge turn out for the event.
Tags: daniel island mortgage, Green Drinks Charleston, green mortgages, Michelle Salate Writing & Editorial, mortgages in a bad economy, myEnergyLoan
Posted in copywriter charleston, grow successful business, web copy writer charleston south carolina, writing services charleston | No Comments »
SEO Efforts: Rank #1 in Search Engines with Effective Web Copy and Website Design
Friday, February 13th, 2009
Designing a company website requires some compromising. It involves the perfect balance between visually appealing and functional elements. It’s important that one element doesn’t dominate the other. This is where many companies go wrong.
Many times company websites are polluted with too much flash, pointless graphics, and unnecessary copy. The combination of these elements is a major risk factor for decreasing website SEO.
In order to ensure your website ranks #1 in search engines, you must adhere to some kind of compromise. Make sure your entire website isn’t in flash. Many people might think flash is more appealing—and it is at times—but it greatly reduces your SEO if overused. Flash limits the amount of copy you can have on your page. Great copy is your best chance at ranking #1 in search engines and should never be substituted for unnecessary elements.
Result-driven copy . . .
· Increases SEO with effective keywords placed throughout. It’s important that these keywords add to the message and mission of your company.
· Converts leads into sales and motivates visitors to take action on your website.
· Increases site traffic.
· Targets your company’s specific market and keeps them on your website.
· Works to reinforce your brand image. Compressed, informative, and concise web copy is easy to read, gets to the point, and expresses your brand image in merely a few sentences without compromising important details.
It’s important to hire a web designer and web copywriter who work toward expressing your brand image online. An excellent web designer will ensure your site is attractive and functional, while an effective web copywriter will guarantee your company message comes across accurately and thoroughly.
The functionality and visual elements of your website may require a slight compromise, but you shouldn’t compromise on a web copywriter and web designer who don’t understand your needs and message. Grow your business. Grow to success. Hire the right copywriter and web designer.
Tags: effective web copy, grow business in econonic crisis, grow your business online, increase website t, SEO, website design
Posted in Business Success Tips, SEO, SEO copywriter, client attraction, copywriter charleston, grow successful business, increase online sales, increase site traffic, market in economic crisis, marketing in bad economy, online marketing, update webcopy, web copy writer charleston south carolina, web traffic, website navigation | No Comments »
Attract More Clients: Perfect Your Business Image
Tuesday, February 10th, 2009
Your business image–from your marketing materials to your personal dress–affect potential clients’ perception of your company. First impressions are everything.
Check out the style contest hosted by Charleston Style Concierge. The deadline is the end of this week — so hurry and enter today!
Enter to Win a Style Consultation
Add some excitement to your Valentines Day with the gift you really want:
Enter to win a
Virtual Style Consultation
Enter to win your Virtual Style Consultation.
During a 60-minute Virtual Style Consultation over the phone, we’ll discuss your style goals, answer your questions, and uncover the best way for you to get effortless style. We will use a style-assessment workbook and digital pictures you send to help develop the personal style you desire.
In your 60-minute Virtual Style Consultation, you’ll learn . . .
- What clothes are right for your body.
- How to dress based on the proportions of your body.
- What you need to buy to create a versatile wardrobe.
- How to develop a great style within your budget and for your unique lifestyle.
Here’s how it works: Using a style assessment and digital photos, we will help you determine the right clothing for your body type and easy ways to update your current wardrobe. All you need to do is fill out our style assessment, send photos, and show up for the call. It’s that easy.
Celebrate you this Valentines Day and enter to win.
Winner to be randomly chosen and announced on Valentines Day, February 14th.
Click here for your chance to win a FREE Virtual Style Consultation
Tags: brand loyalty and business image, client attraction, enhance business image, personal style and business
Posted in Growing Business, Marketing Strategy, attract clients, grow successful business, grow your business, market in economic crisis, marketing in bad economy, social networking for small business, web copy writer charleston south carolina | No Comments »
Effective Navigation: The Key to Keeping Customers On Your Website
Tuesday, February 10th, 2009
The main goal of your company’s website is to get your target client to take action. If your navigation is confusing, they won’t take action because they won’t know how to.
Caution: This is where many businesses lose their customers. Easy navigation is crucial. Eliminating any ambiguity about where to look for information within a site is important.
Web copy works with design to help promote navigation through the site. Your website should encourage visitors to click on certain links, such as contact information, newsletter subscription, and the company’s blog. It’s important to have well-written web copy to motivate viewers to further investigate your site.
The four main things to remember about navigation: Make it simple. Make it fast. Make it clear. Make it work.
In a nutshell, your customers shouldn’t have to make too many decisions on your website. Too many websites have extra links they don’t need. If you give too many choices, you overwhelm the visitor, and they get frustrated and click out of your site.
People who visit your site are busy and can become impatient if they have to search your entire site to find what they need. Chances are, they won’t stick around to do that. Visitors want to get to what they need quickly and easily. If you make it too difficult, they’re gone, and they’ll buy from your competition. The more copy and graphics you throw at them, the more confused they’ll be, and then you’ve lost them. Your site needs to have strong focus.
Tags: grab customers with website navigation, grow business online in economic crisis, importance of website navigation, tips for website navigation, website and economic crisis
Posted in Business Success Tips, attract clients, client attraction, grow successful business, increase online sales, market in economic crisis, marketing in bad economy, website navigation | No Comments »